The Top 10 Detox foods
The top 10 foods which are most recommended for going on a detox …
- Lemons Starting your day with a glass of lemon juice and honey helps in restoring the alkaline acid balance in the body.
- Apples contain glucaric acid, which cleanses estrogen-like chemicals and heavy metals from the body.
- Almonds are a great source of magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, iron, and folate. Nibble on them when you feel hungry between the meals.
- Beetroot contains betalains, which repairs cell structure. It also has anti-inflammatory and fungicidal properties.
- Green Tea A cup of green tea is an excellent cleanser of toxins from the body.
- Cauliflower has phytochemicals called glucosinolates which regulates the body’s detoxification.
- Avocados contain fair amount of healthy fatty acids which are necessary for the body.
- Ginger is an anti-inflammatory food that speeds up movement of food through the intestines. It’s tough to consume ginger due to its taste, but you can mix ginger juice with carrot juice for taste.
- Since Quinoa is gluten free; it can be included in your detox diet.
- Pomegranate is an antioxidant that can prevent inflammation and can reduce the risk of heart disease.