Diabetes Detox Retreat
Type II Diabetes is a lifestyle disorder affecting millions around the world today. The condition is now highly prevalent in the younger groups due to poor dietary choices of high fat, high sugar and processed foods with very little to no exercise and ever increasing stress levels!
Most people diagnosed with Diabetes today believe they have been served a death sentence and a life of continuous medications. However several researches conducted specially the Newcastle Univeristy Clinical Trial provide evidence that supports a change in lifestyle mainly dietary changes significantly reduce or eliminate the need for medications for Type 2 Diabetics. The results show that the people, within the experiment cohort, who reduced their calorie intake to 600 calories per day over an 8 week period, all no longer required type 2 diabetes medication after the trial and 7 out of the 11 did not need it 3 months later.
Reversing Diabetes – A Holistic Approach
Our Type II Diabetes detox retreat is designed to cleanse the body with highly nutritious meals, juices, soups, lots of water and gentle exercise. The intense fasting retreat program is designed for a minimum period of 5 – 7 days (can be increased depending on the need and willingness). This will be followed by a gradual re-introduction of foods that will continue to allow the body to heal and repair. The intense fasting program has been shown to be effective in stimulating insulin secretion and removing fat clogged around the liver and pancreas allowing normal insulin secretion to be restored.
The detox is supervised and you are carefully monitored during your stay by our retreat Ayurvedic Doctor who will be at hand to discuss at length about diabetes and the most effective natural remedies you can use to heal the body. We will be continuously monitoring your blood sugars and blood pressure and the retreat will be tailored to individual needs.
You will also have a personalized consultation with our nutritionists who will discuss and plan the best post retreat diet that is easy, practical and most importantly effective in maintaining and balancing blood sugar levels back at home.
The retreat also includes a daily yoga session and specially designed pranayama and meditation classes aimed at stress reduction and body relaxation. Yoga asana (poses) benefits the physical body as the gentle stretch on the pancreas stimulates the production of insulin-producing beta cells. The stretching and strengthening of muscles a key benefit of daily yoga practice increases glucose uptake by cells and helps lower blood sugar levels. The focus on pranayama and meditation in addition to the muscle-stretching postures elicit a relaxation response in the body.
You will leave the retreat empowered to regain your health and wellbeing by taking charge of your body and your life again. The Diabetes reversal program is a 12 week plan and you will be given all the necessary tools to continue the course duration.
*Results can vary and are not guaranteed.
Detailed Blood Work To Be Provided:
- Latest HBA1C Levels
- Complete Blood Profile, Lipid Profile, Liver and Renal Function Test
Signature Progress Monitoring – Before and After Assessments of:
- Personal and Medical Assessment
- pH Balance Analysis
- Body Composition Analysis (BMI, Body Fat, Subcutaneous Fat, Visceral Fat, Muscle Mass)
- Vital Total Body Measurements
- Vital Signs Assessment and Medical Check-up (Blood Pressure, Pulse Rate, Respiration Rate)
The Diabetes Reversal Program is Inclusive of:
- All Inclusive Accommodation
- Fasting Diet (Smoothies, Salads and Soups)
- Daily Yoga Sessions
- Daily Pranayama and Meditation sessions
- Daily Holistic Indian Treatments
- Daily Schedule of Natural and Ayurvedic Products, Supplements and Super foods
- One Daily Sessions of Ayurvedic Basti
- Daily Educational Talks, Presentations, Workshops and Informal Group Sessions
- Daily Monitoring of Blood Sugar and Blood Pressure
- Doctors Consultation and Assessment
- Nutrition Consultation
Post Retreat Diet Plan and Supplements for Program duration (total approximately 12 weeks – may vary)
Regular telephone follow-ups and personal progress monitoring on returning home till the duration of the program.
Who Can Retreat
- Should be diagnosed with diabetes not exceeding 6 years
- Should be non-insulin dependant
- Should not have weight loss of more than 5kg in the past 6 months
How you Benefit
- Partial or complete reduction of medication
- Relief from symptoms of diabetes
- Increases Mental and Physical efficiency
- Better management of your blood sugar levels.
- Improved relationship with your diet
- Your fitness routine planned
- Clearer vision of your health goals
- Increased energy, vitality and stamina
- Weight Loss, Fat Loss and Inch Loss
- Improved digestive functions such as absorption and elimination