Reasons why your Body needs a Detox
With our daily diets that include mostly junk food or packaged goods, it becomes essential to detox our body time and again. But what is the right way to detox? According to the National Library of Medicine, certain foods and herbs have detoxification properties. While there might be various types of diets you come across; natural methods of detoxing are considered the excellent way to go about it.
Still not convinced? Let ‘s look at some reasons why you need to clean your system:
- A digestive tract cleaning is required Over time wastes build up in your digestive tract, this waste has to be eliminated for digestion to function correctly. You can try leeks, onion, garlic, apples, almonds, bananas, sweet potatoes, and yams. These probiotic foods are fermented foods that contain beneficial bacteria and tend to have a slightly (or intense) sour taste and are also known for helping to curb cravings.
- It reduces inflammation in the body Inflammation in the body is usually a regular and healthy response to injury or attack by germs. It is your body’s way of getting more nourishment and more immune action in areas that need to fend off infection or heal. But this isn’t the case always because it comes with immense destructive potential. Sometimes the immune system mistakenly targets the body’s own tissues in (autoimmune) diseases like type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and lupus. Thus, it’s important to detox and reduce body inflammation.
- Boosts your Immune System Detox is mandatory for boosting your immune system because it serves as the bridge you cross that takes you towards a fitter body. To put it simply, cleaning out anything in your body the cells don’t need to function. Remember the cells are ‘clean freaks’ and function best only when no toxins are present. Regular cleansing through Detox cleanse retreat enhances your skin and hair. Also, the vitamins and minerals that you take in during the detox process help boost your immune response and cleanse the lymphatic system.
- Anti- Aging A good healthy detoxification is known to slow the aging process by slowing the rate of cellular decay. Between what you eat and how young you look and feel lies a linear correlation. This makes detoxing your body as critical to your anti-aging efforts as it is to the health of your body. An anti-aging detox focuses on specifically eliminating toxins that speed up the biological and visible aging process.
- Cleans your Body of Heavy Metals and Toxins Car exhaust, second hand smoke, flame retardants, plastic packaging, heavy metals, pesticides all of these are slowly affecting your body unless you’re living in forest interiors, which isn’t safe too these days. The good news is small doses of toxins may be good for you because mild stress makes your cells work more efficiently. But the bad news is your body can have trouble clearing certain toxins that hide away in your fat cells, messing with your hormones and accumulating over time. A proper detox protocol can help you eliminate these more stubborn toxins.
- Better Breath With the air pollution that is a major part of city life, doing a detox program that includes a colon cleanse is necessary for the toxins that need to be released from the body. It’s been theorized that one contributor to bad breath is a backed up colon. When you can clear it out and get your digestive system functioning well again, you may find that your breathing improves.
- Helps Combat Chronic By the definition of the U.S. National Center for Health Statistics, ‘A chronic disease is one lasting three months or more.’ Chronic diseases usually cannot be prevented by vaccines or cured by medication, nor do they just disappear. A detox that is healthy is rich in antioxidants that help you to combat chronic diseases.
- Helps you to Lose Weight A healthy weight management retreat will get rid of excess weight. The changes in vitamins, minerals, fruits, and vegetables make it easier to keep the weight off. A detox diet helps you lose weight in the short term, but also get into the habit of establishing long-term eating habits. Drastic reduction in calories and rapid weight loss is the center of attraction, mostly in media but these short-term results won’t last if you don’t make it a point to replace bad foods with good.
- Detoxifies the Liver The liver is that part of the body that is responsible for breaking down substances that could hurt or harm the body. The constant use of liver can cause a significant amount of stress that is exerted on the organ. This is why it’s one of the most commonly injured and taking care of your liver is a worthwhile use of your time. Ayurveda detox retreat along with herbs and minerals helpful for cleansing the liver, which is the critical organ in detoxifying the blood.
- Helps your Body Process Drugs and Alcohol Better Alcohol is notorious for dehydrating the body, and many drug users do not feel the need to drink water while using. Your body needs hydration to function well. When your liver is boosted, and your metabolism is boosted, your body will eliminate drugs and alcohol more efficiently.A detox finally restores your body’s balance and doing Detox retreats on a regular basis improves your overall vitamin, mineral and metabolism balance. But are detox programs right for you? Seems to be a question in everyone’s mind. To be honest, while it is possible to get it wrong, as long as you get it right you’ll be helping yourself in several different ways. So, one should definitely try detoxing in the right ways.